1 pound ground chicken (or meat of choice)
5 slices bacon
2 egg whites
1 T coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1/8 t salt
1/3 cup BBQ sauce (Tessemae’s – you can also find these at Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with olive oil
- Brown onion and bacon until crisp – set aside to cool when done
- Add cooled onion/bacon mixture (my bacon didn’t have much grease so I added the grease also) to the ground chicken, along with the egg whites, green onion, garlic, coconut flour, milk, Worcestershire sauce and salt
- Mix until well combined, but don’t over mix!
- Transfer mixture to loaf pan and spread evenly so top is flat, add BBQ sauce on top and spread evenly to cover
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink
- Let meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before cutting
- Eat and enjoy!
The meatloaf in the picture has regular BBQ sauce in it, but I will definitely be making this again with Tessemae’s!