This recipe is similar to my Sweet Apple Roasted Pork Tenderloin and tastes just as good! The ingredients are slightly different.
Here are the ingredients:
1.5 pound pork picnic roast
Sweet potato (I used a sweet white)
1 tsp dried garlic
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice (next time, I’ll omit this or only use a 1/4 tsp, I didn’t really care for it)
1 tsp sage
2/3 cup no sugar/preservatives added, 100% orange juice or more, depending on how quickly it evaporates
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Place pork roast in a stoneware baking dish
- Create a paste out of the spices and oil and rub it all over the pork
- Place chopped sweet potato and carrots all around pork and sprinkle with salt
- Pour about a 1/3 cup of orange juice all around the pork and vegetables
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, then reduce temperature to 250 degrees and continue cooking for about 2 hours or until fully cooked.
- You will need to baste the pork and veggies with orange juice every once in awhile, maybe every 30 minutes or so.
This was so good! The allspice was a little overpowering for my taste, so next time I may reduce the amount or just omit it altogether. I served mine with lightly steamed and salted green beans. Perfect!